On the occasion of Earth Day which falls on 22nd April 2022 every year, let us all vow to leave the planet better than how we found it for the sake of our future generations. Earth Day is celebrated globally as a way to protect our environment and the theme for this year is ‘Invest in Our Planet’.
Man has taken unlimited bounties from Mother Earth since time immemorial and the planet has been generous in its munificence. Yet, as natural resources deplete due to human activities it is time for us to give back to our home. The mantra for Earth Day 2022 is that we, together, as a global community, irrespective of nationality or race, act boldly, innovate broadly and implement equitably. This is something that has to be done collectively—every business, every government, every member of the human race must be an invested partner for the progress of our planet.
Fakhruddin Properties has vowed to continue to play its role in this heartening mission and our team shares five simple things you can do to help save Planet Earth:
- Cleanup the Earth: We encourage you to dispose trash responsibly and play an active role in picking up trash from neighborhoods, beaches, rivers, lakes, trails, and parks. In all the Fakhruddin Property projects we pay special attention, not only to the cleanliness of the premises, but also to the proper disposal of the garbage that is collected to minimize damage to the environment and stop pollution.
- Reduce and Reuse: The only way we can control wastage is to reduce what we throw out and reuse it wisely. Simple actions like using a reusable shopping bag instead of a plastic one, carrying your own reusable water bottle or coffee cup and washable glass or bamboo straw can be ways that you can play your part and reduce your carbon footprint.
- Plant a tree: In your neighborhoods, plant at least a single tree which will be a gift for your future generations to relish. Help increase the oxygen supply by keeping plants in your windowsills and balconies and tending to them daily. This splash of green is not only a sight for sore eyes, but proof that every drop matters.
- Switch to Organic Produce: When chemicals are used by farmers which seep into the land, the damage may not be visible immediately but will slowly and surely rip away at the fertility of the soil. As consumers we all must support organic produce which will help protect the environment and keep things as natural and original as God intended.
- Educate yourselves about Climate Change: Environmentalists all over the world are raising a hue and cry about climate change yet, as a responsible member of the human race you need to educate yourself as to what climate change actually is, it’s manifold repercussions and most importantly what you and your family can do to combat this.
The team from Fakhruddin Properties, a leading name in the construction business in UAE and Uganda, who have been dedicated to constructing sustainable and affordable buildings and homes, wish you all a Happy Earth Day. Together let us invest in our homes; let us invest in our planet.